Low Income LEAP Assistance for Pueblo County Residents
December 11, 2011
LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program) is designed to help low income households with paying their energy bills. LEAP is available to all residents regardless or race, national origin, sex, age or religious beliefs.
Eligibility requirement: – you maybe eligible for LEAP assistance if:
You are a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Colorado
- You pay heating fuel costs directly to an energy provider or pay the cost of heating your dwelling with your rent, or in addition to rent.
- Your gross monthly household income falls within the guidelines set annually and posted no later than November 1st of each year. “Household” means the people who reside with you within your dwelling at which you reside and apply for assistance and for whom you as applicant have financial resposibility for. The maximum gross income is based on 150%* of the federal poverty level as follows:
|Household size||Maximum gross monthly household income|
|Each additional person||$478|
*Reduced from 185% to 150% due to a reduction in federal funding
New legislation was passed that requires a participant to provide additional documents when applying.A completed and signed affidavit.
- A completed, signed and dated affidavit.
- A readable copy of a photo identification
- A Colorado Drivers License
- A Colorado Identification card
- A U.S. Military or dependent card
- A U.S. Merchant Marine card
Any other document authorized by rules adopted by the Department of Revenue.
If you are eligible for LEAP you may qualify for emergency assistance for help in repair or replacement of your primary heating system.
If you are eligible for LEAP you may qualify for free furnace and weatherization services for you rhome through the Energy Saving Partners program. For more information please call 866-HEATHELP.
For more information, you can see the Colorado Department of Human Services.
In Pueblo, you can call the Pueblo Department of Social Services at 719-583-6160. A Leap Brochure is also available.